Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Whats The Best All Around Sftp Server For Windows?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bleepingnetwork

bleepingnetwork

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:06 AM

Looking for some educated debate on Which SFTP servers out there are the best for Windows Server 2003 with Active directory support, preferably Free and relativly easy to use. What is the Good the Bad and the Ugly on your choice for the Sftp server of your choice?

After the educated debate maybe some educated advice about install, use and best practices would be cool.

Currently I have not found a Free SFTP server with Active Directory support for windows. I have found a couple that I would need to get a Licence for but the price is more than I can afford.

Thanks all and Rock ON!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dbough

dbough

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:30 PM

I've always used freetfpd: http://www.freeftpd.com/?ctt=overview

Not sure if it will work on 2k3 but it _should_.
Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable, we have to face them. It's what being human is all about. -Jet Black; Cowboy Bebop

-CCVP

Well, Technically ...

#3 FjodrSo

FjodrSo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

You may want to try Syncplify.me Server!, it has Active Directory auth support, there's a free version for personal use, and it works perfectly on Win2003.

http://www.syncplify.me/syncplifyme-server.html

Edited by FjodrSo, 13 March 2014 - 02:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users