Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Plzzzz

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SUHIPSUHIP

SUHIPSUHIP

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 22 August 2008 - 03:19 AM

OK I just did a complete reinstall of windows XP pro on a Toshiba Satellite M115 -S1061 and im trying to connect to to the internet without any luck....Can anyone solve this prob i still have yet to install the drivers but i cant unless i have an internet connection...I know i can download the drivers and put it on a flash drive and then put it on the CPU, but id rather just do it one time instead of wasting my time doing it that way . If anyone could help that would be much appreciated. I have all ready tired direct connect to the laptop and got nothing but limited connectivity error.

Thx 4 reading

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 22 August 2008 - 03:49 AM

You may need to have your ISP walk you through the installation of your Internet options.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Wongy

Wongy

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:03 AM

Did you get any sort of self-install disk with your internet?

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 22 August 2008 - 03:53 PM

The standard Toshiba recovery disk will install the drivers along with the rest of the operating system. Did you use this disk, or another one? Unfortunately, there's no way to connect to the internet without network drivers being installed on your system.

At work we download the network driver to a flash drive and install it on the system, then use the system itself to download the rest of the drivers.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users