Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware Ad Pop-ups Virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Juuee

Juuee

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 22 August 2008 - 02:22 AM

Hi,

I have been trying to get rid of this virus for over 12hours straight (it is now 3am ET), and have now resorted to coming on here to post the problem to see if my laptop can be saved! I (stupidly) tried to download cracked versions of certain software that contained some viruses. I got rid of some of them on my own, but I can't seem to get rid of this one virus that forces me to get an antispyware program that I don't even need (see attached image of pop-up received). Usually it comes up when I am about to open a file like "Program Files" or "Windows," and usually it sends me to some scan whether I select "Yes" or "No". I have tried ComboFix and I thought it would solve this problem, but that is clearly not the case. So, if anyone on here can help me with this problem, it would be really, greatly appreciated! Hopefully, then I can get some sleep! :thumbsup:

Attached Files

Edited by Juuee, 22 August 2008 - 02:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Juuee

Juuee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 22 August 2008 - 02:10 PM

Hey, it's me again!

I solved the problem (I think), at least I am no longer getting that pop-up of Getdefender2009 spyware. :thumbsup:
So, don't worry about the above posting anymore. However, if anyone has the same problem check out this site, it really helped me out!

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1202632

Cheers!

Edited by Orange Blossom, 22 August 2008 - 02:17 PM.
Move to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users