Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Wallpaper Spyware Warning? Can't Access Icons/taskbar Or Anything At All

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AveNewPara

AveNewPara

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:38 AM

So today I was just browsing a site and my browser froze so I shut off my internet and tried to close Firefox. Well, a few minutes later my wallpaper changed to something. It wasn't a blue wallpaper but it was white with a warning that was like WARNING YOU HAVE SPYWARE ON YOUR COMPUTER and it was like.. my wallpaper, and not just a window. And changing it wouldn't work so that failed. Also, a thing call ANTI-VIRUS XP 2008 popped up but I knew that it would only lead to more problems to I just left the window there (There wasn't an x button so I couldn't close it or minimize it or anything). The anti-virus xp just asked me to accept the terms and agreements but yeah, I didn't click anything since it'd lead to more junk. Also, I'll explain how it turned blue, soon. And I have a screenshot on photobucket if anyone needs/wants to see it. But anyway, I tried quick-scanning with Norton Anti-Virus and it found two items. So I figured, "Heck, I'll just remove these two items and I'll see if it works." So I did. Then Norton asked me to close all of my programs and restart. So I did (except I couldn't close the anti-virus xp 2008 agreement window). So it restarted and I watched it restart. So when it turned on, everything was loading normally, then it suddenly stopped. All the icons were loaded and the taskbar was there, but the Norton thing at the bottom on the taskbar wasn't loading, so I found it weird since it's always there. Then MSN messenger popped up and I tried to just sign in to talk to my friends, but it just froze. I tried pressing ctrl + alt + delete but it wouldn't pop up either, so everything just froze. So I turned off my laptop the "emergency" way (by holding the button down for a few seconds so it'll just turn off). And I tried turning it on again, and it seemed to turn on slower, but anyway... After it reached the wallpaper (It was still displayed as a spyware warning thing), it just froze there and it didn't seem to be loading/processing anything. The taskbar/start menu/icons wouldn't even load or anything, so there was no access to ANYTHING. And uhh... this time the warning was still the same but the screen turned blue. So I turned it off the emergency way again... So here I am, wondering what to do. And I'm not really a tech wiz so you guys may have to like explain things in a simple way, since I'm just a teenager and... yeah. I couldn't do a full system scan before the laptop was funky 'cause the full system scan takes literally about 3 hours. And I'm not exaggerating. So, is there anything I can do besides totally wipe out my laptop? I really don't want to do this since I can't open anything so I can't back-up any files (and even if i could there'd be the risk of whatever this is hopping into the folder/file!).

I'm afraid to turn it on again 'cause... I mean, what if it doesn't go anywhere at all? After trying two times, it just got worse and stopped loading at an earlier point.

But yeah, if anyone needs a screenshot, just ask. I have it with me right now on photobucket.

Edited by AveNewPara, 22 August 2008 - 12:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users