Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Used Combofix, More Advice?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 crw19

crw19

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:58 PM

Hi, I have never posted on here before but read several topics today after turning on my computer this morning to the following problem... Start menu would open, but the programs list icon was gone (therefore no programs list) - the actual programs were not removed from the computer, just the links from the Start menu. Also when I pressed CTRL ALT DEL a window popped up saying "Task manager has been disabled by your administrator." I tried running some virus programs (Norton, AVG) but they did not help.

Then I ran Combofix, and both of the aforementioned problems are now fixed as a result of Combofix. I have the Combofix log and was wondering if someone would be willing to have a look at it and advise me on further steps to clean up any mess than might be left over? I'd really appreciate it. As well, if you have any general advice going forward that would be great.. i.e., best program(s) to use to guard against something like this happening again.

Not sure when this happened... Last time I used my comp before today was June 9; I was away all summer and so not using it. It seemed fine on June 9 but then when I turned it on today all of this happened.

Please let me know if I should post the Combofix log or if you have any questions. I really appreciate any assistance. Thank you!

Edited by Orange Blossom, 21 August 2008 - 04:09 PM.
Move to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users