Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help To Uninstall A Program

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kelkay

kelkay

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:08 PM

:thumbsup: I have an old program I had a trial period on for making cd and dvd covers. It is called Click N' Design. I wanted to uninstall it but cannot. The install.log file is gone. I even downloaded the newest version of that program just to uninstall it to see if that would get it, it did not. I also tried CCleaner. I am afraid to just delete it to the recycle bin for fear it will take files I need with it, and mess up my computer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:58 PM

Hello Kelkay.

I even downloaded the newest version of that program just to uninstall it to see if that would get it, it did not.

If you install over the old version in the same directory, then uninstall, the old components should be removed.

Since this program is not being used, you can just delete its folder in the "C:\Program Files\Click'N Design".

I am afraid to just delete it to the recycle bin for fear it will take files I need with it, and mess up my computer.

It should not affect anything but the program in question. If you have previous saved work in that folder, you will obviously need to create a backup first.

With Regards,
The Panda

#3 kelkay

kelkay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:38 PM

:thumbsup: If you install over the old version in the same directory, then uninstall, the old components should be removed.
>>>

Yes I tried that...thinking it would work, but it did not. I will pull up the folder and see what is in it.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:01 PM

There are a few listed in this thread
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html
also
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/163737/free-uninstallers/

Normal warnings apply Back up the registry first
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users