Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless With No Activity

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cort21

cort21

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:34 AM

I have recently changed the incoming internet into my router and computer and am trying to add another computer. I no longer can access it through 192.168.2.1, or any address, and am just basically confused all around now. Help, I dont even know where to start now that I cant access the router. Though I do have access to the internet wired out of the router. Both computers connect to the router but don't go "through" the router, there is no activity. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 andrewp730

andrewp730

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:47 PM

When you say there is no activity,are you trying to say the lights on the router dosen`t blink? If you cant access it try doing a reset. There should be a small reset button. After you can access the router you need to specify your ISP data. Your isp should have given you this data way back it can also be dynamic which dosen`t require any static addresses. Then you should be able to connect to the internet on both computers.

#3 bleepingnetwork

bleepingnetwork

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:53 AM

Dunno but this might help.

From what I understand it sounds like your referring to the wireless part of the network connection locally or on the Router is turned off or authentication needs to be set up between the wireless router and wireless Network card on the PC. Soto fix it you wanted to go to the router: however the IP you have for it pointed you in the wrong direction.

you can compair the two network connections and see if it is a local issue on the PC. try this START>RUN>type NCPA.CPL>right click the wired connection> Properties>Internet ProtocolTCP/IP> compair DNS and default gateway information with the wireless connection...are they both DHCP or at least the same?

if no make the wireless match the Wired. and try again to connect.

either use the steps above to retrieve the gateway information or to find your internal router IP address try.

Start> RUN> type CMD> at command prompt type IPCONFIG /ALL> look next to Default Gateway... this should be your router. > go to your web browser and add the IP from the gatway into the address bar. You should be prompted with the login page for the router.

within the router you should have a selection for wireless access if the router offers it.

GoodLUCK!!!

#4 Jonathan C

Jonathan C

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:19 AM

Are you using a Linksys Router ? if so is it the WRT54g
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users