Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problems with my pc

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 yowza

yowza

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 20 April 2005 - 07:12 PM

hey atm ym computer wont show any javascript as well as i cant see some of my virus scan things and on norton which i can it is messed up i cant even see a system restore screen its just blank so i cant system restore does anybody know what is wrong or how i can fix it? i rly dont wanna do a reformat beacuse i have so much stuff

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2005 - 08:48 PM

Try downloading Sun Microsystem's Java

http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_xpi.jsp

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:14 PM

Please clarify:

1. What virus scan "things" cannot you "see"? Can you launch these programs? What are these applications?
2. Supposedly if Norton works, what cannot you see? If you run the AV, exactly what happens? Do you get any scan results?
3. How are you getting to the system restore screen? Are you doing this in safe mode? Are you using the Windows HELP to get there? Are their no restore points showing?

We can help you if you take the time to be specific and clear about what your problem is, even if you have list each step you are taking and what happens.
Cheers,
John

Edited by jgweed, 20 April 2005 - 09:15 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 yowza

yowza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2005 - 05:22 AM

Hey ok here are the problems with my pc

when i try go on to the system restore it is just a white page a blank one that happens when i try to get on to it from any thing like my control pantel from my msconfig or from my programs list.

secondly my norton security does some up but the writing is like forced to the right in the middle bit

on webpages using IE some navigators are javascript and are fully out here are a few examples
www.habbari.com (click the greenlinks) and www.habbox.com when you click those navigators they are meant to expand but my pc just shows them already expanded and all the lists are big.

On mcafeee when it says i need an update i click ok and its just a blank webpage and on the actual control system on mcafee it is just blank and only has a few icons at the top but they dont work even when i try use them :thumbsup: plz help i have downloaded the new java (sun java from java.com) and its working and its still the same

#5 yowza

yowza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2005 - 05:38 AM

hey i was browsing the BC forums in hijackthis section and found a site which helps with viruses and sees if the file has them and when i went on the site it said this

Warning: you seem to have javascript disabled. This is necessary for the display of results.

its just how do i enable javascript then i can see everything again??

i googled it and even when i try enabling it or disabling it then abling it it does not work is there anything else i can do?

Edited by yowza, 21 April 2005 - 05:58 AM.

#6 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,585 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2005 - 01:33 PM

These issues are being handled here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...topic=16342&hl=
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Ico...-tx15705-0.html

Anyone who wants to contribute to helping with this problems, please post to those topics. This duplicate is closed.

The fate of all mankind, I see

Is in the hands of fools

--King Crimson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users