Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus Alert! In Taskbar

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 big5

big5

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:37 AM

Hi

I have lost all control of my PC. I cant acces my C drive or see any icons on my desktop. There is also a Virus Alert! in my taskbar. I have tried all sorts of antivirus programs with no success.

Please help!

Edited by Orange Blossom, 21 August 2008 - 04:21 PM.
Move to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gonefishin

gonefishin

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:40 PM

you could right click ur task bar and then left click task manager and go under process and left click the process and end it if u think u might have an idea of the name of whats causeing u probs . if you dont all ready. u should turn off ur system restore this is where malware loves to hide at and if its hiding in system restore as long as system restore is on this malware will never be detected by any antivirus or spyware removal program .

then go here and download malwarebytes and then update the definitions and then run full system scan .

http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-...cdlPid=10876030

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:43 PM

If you're using Windows 2000/XP, please print out and follow these instructions: "How to use SDFix". <- for Windows 2000/XP ONLY.
When using this tool, you must use the Administrator's account or an account with "Administrative rights"
  • Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any real time protection programs before performing a scan.
  • When done, the SDFix report log will open in notepad and automatically be saved in the SDFix folder as Report.txt.
  • If SDFix is unable to run after rebooting from Safe Mode, run SDFix in either Mode, and type F, then press Enter for it to finish the final stage and produce the report.
  • Please copy and paste the contents of Report.txt in your next reply.
  • Be sure to re-enable you anti-virus and and other security programs before connecting to the Internet.
Note: If the computer has been infected with the VirusAlert! malware warning from the clock and the Start Menu icons or drives are not visible, you will need to fix the policy restrictions created by this infection. Open the SDFix folder, right-click on either the XP_VirusAlert_Repair.inf or W2K VirusAlert_Repair.inf (depending on your version of Windows) and select Install from the Context menu. Then reboot to apply the changes.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users