Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

External Harddisk Partition "g:" Inaccessable

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Snake_death2

Snake_death2

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:33 AM

So this is what happened:
I tried to open windows media player, naturally to listen to music. But it goes very slow and freezes all the time. I can't play the music.
So I thought, I'd try opening .MP3 files instead. They are located in partition G:\.
My external harddrive (250Gb) is split up in 7 partitions. (E, F, G, H, I, L, M, I don't know why I can't choose J though)
G:\ is normally named "Music", but since my media player freezed, it's called "Local drive G:\" (not sure if it's correctly translated)
I use an ICY BOX for my external drive and it shows a blue light continuously when it's turned on. But now, why I try to access G:\, it stops giving light until this error is shown:

"G:\ is not accessable"
"Error while editing a page"

(again, rough translation)
Every other partition works perfectly.
I tried reconnecting the cables, you never know something isn't fully connected. No success.
I also tried to disconnect the external drive from the ICY BOX and place it in the computer. (the box might be close to broken)
But then I found out I only have SATA connections left... (harddrive is IDE or ATA)
To make sure it's not the harddrive that's broken, I'll try to find an IDE to SATA cable and place it in my computer.
I sure hope it's not the drive that's broken, I haven't made any backups :s .

Also, I can't defragment G:\ as it's not in the list.
If you need any more information, I'm right here.
Hell was too full so I came back.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users