Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tcp Port And Downloading From Megaupload

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lelou

Lelou

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:19 AM

When I test my TCP port, it says unable to test: invalid port given, or test service failed. Another application may already be using this port. (Error: Connection refused: connect) , no matter how many port I change it gives the same error straightaway. This problem occurs recently after I have a auto update in windows vista. At the same time I have this error, I also cannot download from megaupload when it is ok a few days ago. I can get to the choosing where to save my file to part, but after I choose to save to my desktop the download window just close automatically. I don't know if the problems are related since I am not knowlegeable about computers. I am connected through a router and I have tried connecting to my friend's modem and I still have the same problems. Any help would be most appreciated. Sorry if I post this at the wrong place.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lelou

Lelou
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:18 PM

I cannot even host games. It just say that I cannot join the game when I tried hosting. Someone please tell me what's wrong.

#3 Phantek

Phantek

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:14 PM

What firewall software do you have? If you can, try disabling it and testing again.

#4 Lelou

Lelou
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:54 AM

My firewall is the normal windows firewall. I already tried disabling it before but I still get the same results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users