Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mac 9.2 Os?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jaimebozz

jaimebozz

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:07 PM

Hey I previously got a MAC 9.2 OS from school and its set to not allow some applications run and not let install disks go on start up and all that crap, is there any way to restore it to default without a disk or delete those settings or something because i cant do anything on it without being connected to the server. please help me out, im trying to upgrade it to TIGER OS but i cannot boot the disk because it has been disabled.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 The G Bomb

The G Bomb

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:37 AM

You might find that the firmware on your mac is not allowing the disc to boot. I'm not sure that Macs that can still run OS9 are able to run OS 10.4. Has your mac got a firewire port? This is a sure fire way of knowing whether 10.4 may be able to run. No firewire port = 10.4, also check the system requirements against what is in your machine.

To return your system to a more standard way of starting up you could clear the nvram and the pram.

To reset PRam
Hold down cmd + alt + p + r
before the grey screen as the machine is starting up, listen to it chime a couple of times to be safe then release the keys. This should return the machine to a more standard setting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users