Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Limited Account Don't Shutdown Or Log-off Correctly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nikaido86

Nikaido86

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:16 PM

Well first off my mother's Limited User account will not shutdown or Log-off correctly. For some reason when you shutdown the computer through her account the computer either gets stuck on the BLUE logging off screen or the screen goes completely blank with the computer still on, which forces me to do a hard shutdown. Now when you try to logoff nothing happens. The screen just stays on my mother's desktop. Now I have an administrator account and have no problems logging off or shutting down. I've tried deleting my mother's account and all files associated with it but when i made a new one it still did the same thing. I've tried other things like anti-spyware and anti-virus tools. But still no change.

Also I had just returned it to factory settings about three months ago. So I don't understand why it'd be doing this. I sure do hope I don't have to do a factory settings return again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,378 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:19 PM

The profile/user account could be corrupt...I think I'd just create a new one and move the settings over from the old one...and see if that takes care of it.

Louis

#3 Nikaido86

Nikaido86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:03 PM

as I've said I had already tried creating a new one and yet it still does it.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,378 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:19 PM

Is that the only limited-user account on the system?

Did you try creating a new admin account...to try to pinpoint more precisely just what the problem might be?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users