Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Latitude110l - Reinstall Xp Pro2 - Driver Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bilbobaggins

bilbobaggins

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:31 PM

The reinstall from Dells' 'Reinstallation CD' seemed to work fine, and the machine starts up OK, except...

I have a full house of 'Drivers not installed (Code 28 )' under Other Devices in Device Manager. That comprises: Ethernet Controller, Multimedia Audio Controller, Network Controller, PCI Modem, Video Controller, Video Controller (VGA Compatible).... so I have no internet access via THAT Dell machine. This Dimension E520's fine....

I fought my way through Dell's System Summary - which lists nothing at all for NIC card type - and have identified ( I think ) and downloaded drivers for all except the NIC Card and the Modem - a UK internal 56.6K V.92 thingy - and seek the guidance of you guys as to exactly WHICH NIC driver I need to find/download/install from the confusing Network Category of Dell's site.

I did try to install and use SiSoftSandraLite - but couldn't get it to run... :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:39 PM

In the Device Manager right click on the NIC device and select Properties, then click on the Details tab, then on Hardware ID in the dropdown box. It should look something like this:

"PCI\VEN_4444&DEV_0016&SUBSYS_40090070&REV_01"

Post back what you find.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users