Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Built New Computer

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 rocker_man_2010

rocker_man_2010

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:48 PM

ok, so I just got done building my own PC and im ready to install my OS,
but it wont let me, it acts like there isent even a disk in the drive.
I have set up my BIOS, and everything is ready, but it still wont load my OS. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:58 PM

Hello and welcome to BC. I am moving you to here ,so you will get better assisstance.

BleepingComputer.com > Hardware > System Building and Upgrading
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:11 PM

Make sure the optical drive is the first boot device in the BIOS. It is also possible that the drive isn't plugged in. The drive and/or disc might also be defective.

3939.png

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:42 PM

Make sure there is power to the drive too. Are you using SATA or PATA or IDE drives?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#5 Jonathan C

Jonathan C

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:20 PM

Make sure all your cables are plugged in power and IDE/Sata data cable are in properly.
Posted Image

#6 rocker_man_2010

rocker_man_2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:21 PM

Im using SATA, and there is power going to the drive, I even checked it w/ a Volt O Metter and everything checks out, im thinking that my XP disk is bad

#7 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:26 PM

If you have a friend or another PC, you should check to see if the disc will run in it. If the disc is bad, Microsoft or the vendor should replace it.

3939.png

#8 rocker_man_2010

rocker_man_2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:34 PM

all right thnx 4 the help, ill try all ur ideas and wright back

#9 rocker_man_2010

rocker_man_2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:34 PM

Ok so I tried all of your ideas (except replacing my disk) because I donít have the money for that right now.
This is what came up this time when I tried to boot up

Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter

So I did as instructed and it asked me to make a RAID/AHCI Driver Disk I had the choice of a 32bit disk or a 64bit disk to make so I made the both and tried to boot up Agene and nothing changed all the same Messages.

??????????

#10 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:04 PM

What motherboard make and model are you using? and what DVD/CD rom drive are you using? I have not had the luxury of using SATA yet so I will need to look up the manuals to check on your installation procedure. I know for SATA HDD you need to install the SATA/Raid drivers prior to installing windows. I am not sure about the dvd/cd rom drive.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#11 rocker_man_2010

rocker_man_2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:47 PM

The mother board that im using is the "ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD"
and the CD/DVD drive that im using is the "SAMSUNG Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW CD-RW CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVDĪR DVD Burner" It didnít include any insulation software so I just assumed it was a plug and play device

#12 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,818 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:00 PM

I have an ASUS M2A-VM motherboard.

I first suggest that you only have two drives installed when attempting to install XP: 1 drive which will be your Master hard drive...and 1 optical drive.

I suggest going to the Drives tab in the BIOS...and ensuring that your SATA drive is listed as your 1st Master or whatever.

Then go to the Boot tab and ensure that your SATA hard drive is listed as the first boot device.

Save settings...try the install. You need to have the SATA driver on a floppy for XP to get it at the proper time, otherwise it will be no go.

You are right, your optical drive is PnP.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users