Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winsrc.dll

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 daazndrgon

daazndrgon

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:38 PM

Hi, my CA antivirus recently found an infected file called C:WINDOWS\system32\winsrc.exe with the infection Win32/Warax.Q. I am not really familiar with computers can i get some help? Thanks in advance.
My antivirus just found another infected file called C:\WINDOWS\system32.ieupdates.exe and its infected with Win32.Warax.R. The infection just keeps on spreading. I just ran a Kaspersky scan and here is the log:

Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner 7 version: 7.0.25.0
Program database last update: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 22:21:19
Records in database: 1115851

Scan settings
Scan using the following database extended
Scan archives yes
Scan mail databases yes

Scan area My Computer
C:\
D:\
E:\
F:\
G:\
H:\
I:\

Scan statistics
Files scanned 99571
Threat name 2
Infected objects 5
Suspicious objects 0
Duration of the scan 02:03:28

File name Threat name Threats count
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\My Documents\Music\Shontelle Layne - T-shirt On.mp3 Infected: Trojan-Downloader.WMA.Wimad.n 1

D:\I386\APPS\APP16911\src\CompaqPresario_Spring06.exe Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.WeatherBug.a 2

D:\I386\APPS\APP16911\src\HPPavillion_Spring06.exe Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.WeatherBug.a 2

The selected area was scanned.

Edited by daazndrgon, 20 August 2008 - 06:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users