Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver Problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Giedrius M

Giedrius M

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:57 PM

Hi.
I had to reinstall a old barebone laptop with windows XP and faced some problems.
I found MB and related drivers, however not all software could be installed as I got XP SP3.
As result, only half of special function keys work. Sound related keys do not work, and OSD is missing.
I have installed Realtecs hd audio manager, and have little problem with controling sound with it, but I would like to fix it all.
The motherboard is Z35FM (Asustek).
Anyone faced similar problems ?
My blog majauskas.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:43 PM

Hello Giedrius M,

Have you looked in the device manager for any conflicts or items with a yellow or red mark next to the name.?
(right click my computer=>properties=>hardware(tab)=>device manager)
Regards,

Alan.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:13 PM

Did you get the Realtek driver from Asus or from Realtek? I'd suggest using the one from Asus - as I don't think that the Realtek driver has the KB888111 update included in it.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Giedrius M

Giedrius M
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:34 AM

All drivers were downloaded from Asus website.
Except modem driver (which I do not need), no question marks or conflicts.
My blog majauskas.com

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:54 AM

Then I'd have to assume that it's either the special function drivers are needed in order to enable it, or that portion of the sound card isn't working.

To check, I'd have to suggest installing an older version of XP to see if you can get the special function drivers to work. If you can get them to work with SP2, then the upgrade to SP3 will be easy. If you can't get them with SP2, then it'll be more difficult due to the significant changes that SP2 made to the OS.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users