Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing Address Bar In Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 king gee

king gee

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:25 PM

hi! for sometime now my address bar has been missing. All I have is search bar from yahoo.uk-my home page. How do I get it back? suspecting there might be a spyware, i ran a spyware tool but to no avail. thanks! in anticipation of a favourable response.
there is something about the future, it changes anytime you look at it because you looked at it. And that changes everything else.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 kae36

kae36

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:22 PM

Sometimes advertisements will pop-up windows and turn off these bars. I think they do this so that you can't manipulate the window or easily block them. So, it might not be spyware, but just the advertising jerks and their pop-up ads. It's very annoying, but it happens.

Anyway, since I don't know which IE you are using or your OS version, I don't really have a compact solution for you; however, I did look up "address bar missing how to restore" in an advanced search at the microsoft support website at http://support.microsoft.com and here is a webpage that I found:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942172/en-us

This was for IE7 on Vista. I'm not sure if it addresses your problem, but it's a solution for that configuration. It goes through changing registry entries (which can be dangerous if you're not careful or don't know what you're doing).

I know there is a reset button on the Advanced tab of the Internet Properties. Since you don't have an address tab, I don't know if you have a menu bar either (they are separate bars). If you have a menu bar you can access the "Internet Properties" by selecting "Tools" on the menu bar and selecting "Internet Options" near the bottom of the menu. When the Internet Options popup dialog appears, select the "Advanced" tab and at the bottom of that page there is a button labeled "Reset..." under "Reset Internet Explorer settings". This will reset everything on IE to default settings (disables add-ons, etc).

If you don't have the IE menu bar, you can bring up the control panel (press the red Start button and select the Control Panel).

a) If it shows "Pick a Category" then choose "Network and Internet Connections" and then "Internet Options".

:thumbsup: If you don't see "Pick a Category", but you see a bunch of icons, you're in the "Classic View" of control panel and you will want to look for the icon that is named "Internet Options".

Click on the Internet Options. You will see an "Internet Properties" pop-up window that will have tabs across the top. Select the "Advanced" tab and you should see the same "Reset..." button as was described above in IE7.

I hope this give you some information to go on.

#3 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:26 PM

First, just click on the "View" icon and check in the Toolbars heading if it has been unchecked there if it has then just check it and you should be good to go.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users