Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Start Up, Log In, And Autofill Issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 matteus

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:17 AM

Good Morning,

I have been having start-up issues for the past couple of weeks with no resolve. When starting up, there are numerous loud beeps and when I go to log in the field for the password autofills on its own. I backspace and attempt to retype the password and then the utility manager and narrator pop up. At this point, I usually shut down or restart because I cannot stop the autofilling and popping up of the utility manager and narrator. When log-in is successful after numerous reboots and attempt to work in excel or on the web, the excel fields autofill on their own, and the search fields on Google autofill on their own. I have run Ad-Aware, SpyBot, and Kaspersky virus scan numerous times with no infections, just the usual tracking cookies. I also ran the free on-line Trend Micro Housecall scan with no infections found. I have attempted to run these programs in safe mode but cannot log on in safe mode or in safe mode with networking. When attempting to log on in safe mode, the computer freezes up and when attempting to log on in safe mode with networking, the screen goes black. I have a Dell Latitude D520 laptop with intel Core2 Duo processor. I appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:59 AM

Welcome to BC
Do the beeps have any sort of pattern or sequence? If yes, these are BIOS beep codes. You need to know who makes your BIOS to decipher them. You should be able to see that when you first boot the computer
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 matteus

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:26 AM

The beeps are different each time I start up; sometimes there are a few and sometimes it just keeps beeping. They seem to be constant and don't appear to be any kind of morse code. I just re-booted to get the BIOS info and there were no beeps this time. At the last reboot, the only thing I noticed in regards to BIOS was "BIOS Revision A06". Should I be looking for something else related to BIOS upon start up? If so, where on the screen should I be looking? Thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users