Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Access

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hiroshi

hiroshi

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:16 AM

I have a relative that run Vista. I don't know when it happend but, she now has a problem with internet bootup. The computer makes a connection because I can run Norton updates etc but, it tries to start Internet Explorer but, quits. I tried resetting my internet option to Google, Yahoo and Dogpile but, their all the same. It tries to start but quits. I think I checked all the setting correctly. When I got to restore and go back a couple three days and bootup, internet explorer comes up fine and works fine. If I close it and try to restart, it tries to bootup internet explorer but, quits. I can see the internet connection is working because I can still acess Norton etc. I've run Norton, Spybot, Windows Defender all updated and virus or anything can be found. I'm stuck and don't know where to go from here. Can anyone assist me? I'd appreciate it. BTW, I brought my laptop along which also runs Vista and when I plug it into her DSL, it bootsup fine.
Thanks....Hiroshi

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:37 AM

Hello hiroshi,

The event viewer may give some more information.

1. Click Start select run
2. Type eventvwr.exe
3. Press enter
4. Search through the groups for errors and warnings.
5. Double click on each error and or warning.
6. Locate the copy to clipboard button, Posted Image (under the two arrows)
7. Let us know what you find. (paste the results)
Regards,

Alan.

#3 hiroshi

hiroshi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:05 PM

Thanks for the help. Seems Google Desk Top manager was causing some problem. Reloaded it and everything seems to be working fine. Funny how little things can sure mess othe things up. Hiroshi

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:16 PM

Thats good to hear, thanks for letting us know :thumbsup:
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users