Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

P4c800-e Deluxe Woes

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 xanderthemighty

xanderthemighty

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:58 AM

I've been having trouble with my P4C800-E motherboard lately... it hasn't been giving me trouble before today but today I got some new RAM and I think it may be messing with the board. I think I caused a bit of trouble with it too :thumbsup: , but it's giving me a weird inconsistent error as well. Every now and again I get a message saying that the overclocking failed and to press F1 for setup, F2 to continue... it's more of an annoyance as if I press F2 I can just go into Windows; however, if I go into the setup the overclocking is set to 'standard' so as far as I'm aware of I have never set the system to overclock at all. I recently upgraded my RAM today from 1GB (2x512MB) to 2GB (2x1GB) and I'm not sure how big a deal this is but if anyone has any ideas of what's going on and what I might do about it, please let me know. Thank you.

If it helps at all I run an Intel P4 with hyperthreading and also recently installed a new 500GB internal hard drive.

~ Justin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:49 AM

What is the make and model of all of the RAM modules?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 xanderthemighty

xanderthemighty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:09 AM

A-Data. Here is the newegg info on it: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820211014

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:22 AM

I was asking about all of the modules because that motherboard can run the RAM in dual channel. The modules need to have the same specs in order to run properly in dual channel.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 xanderthemighty

xanderthemighty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:57 AM

I took the other modules out but they were the same type and speed (DDR 400 PC3200) although I don't know if they were the same brand.... I doubt it. But yeah, as of now, it's just the new pieces (2GB).

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:05 AM

How do you have these populated?

#7 xanderthemighty

xanderthemighty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:25 AM

I don't understand the question... there's one on each thing of two... sorry, I'm not too big with the words right now... but It's like this
|| ||
^ ^
with the carrots pointing to where the RAM modules are. The last few times I've restarted my computer I've not had the overclocking message.

Edited by xanderthemighty, 20 August 2008 - 03:26 AM.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:46 AM

Sorry about that, populating means the slots that you have the RAM installed in. To run dual channel on that board you want the modules to be in slot A1 and B1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users