Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FASTConv.exe

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MC427

MC427

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 30 July 2004 - 06:36 PM

If anyone here has used the FASTConv.exe program for WinXP, can you please post your command line? I'm really struggling here....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 30 July 2004 - 07:58 PM

Hope this is what you need!

use the following command at a command prompt (where <files_to_include> are the files that you want to extract, <files_to_exclude> are the files that you do not want to extract, <source_store> is the source store, <destination_store> is the destination store, and <temp_store> is the temporary store):

" fastconv [/v] [/i:<files_to_include>] [/e[:<files_to_exclude>]] /s:<source_store> /d:<destination_store> [/t:<temp store>] [/k] " (without the quotation marks)

#3 MC427

MC427
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2004 - 01:03 PM

Hope this is what you need!

use the following command at a command prompt (where <files_to_include> are the files that you want to extract, <files_to_exclude> are the files that you do not want to extract, <source_store> is the source store, <destination_store> is the destination store, and <temp_store> is the temporary store):

" fastconv [/v] [/i:<files_to_include>] [/e[:<files_to_exclude>]] /s:<source_store> /d:<destination_store> [/t:<temp store>] [/k] " (without the quotation marks)

awesome! that was it!

thanks a million ;)

#4 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 31 July 2004 - 01:44 PM

No problem. Glad you got it all squared away

#5 MC427

MC427
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 31 July 2004 - 07:28 PM

No problem. Glad you got it all squared away

well, at least i thought.

the line works, and FASTConv even "extracts" all the files, but they're all .dat files and they are only put into the temporary directory and then deleted. No files are sent to the destination directory. I don't know what the deal is.

#6 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 31 July 2004 - 07:57 PM

take the [/t:<temp store>] line away! Then it wont be a temp file!

#7 MC427

MC427
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2004 - 10:57 PM

damn i didnt think of that :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users