Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Need Advice For Image Post

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:16 PM

Hi,
I would like to ask you is there a good image processor like Photo Bucket I can use,

I really don't want to go there, I don't have a lot of security working for me as I just changed computers and will put some in place,
but I need to post some images here at BC Forum, Whats your idea of a safe site ?

Please.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:23 PM

I've had success with Imageshack, too.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#3 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:34 PM

Hi John,

Thanks ! Why didn't I think of that I'll try them, . .

I just posted this as an excerpt, in;
AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Pr...

BTW, I hope someone can give me a safe place to go besides photo bucket, that thing is so full of advert. that I just don't want to go there any more, and I have some images I'd like to post about a search I conducted on the Internet, which seems, (the results) to be some kind of prank, and would also mean, I have some very mean friends out there who are not minding there own business, if you know what I mean !

So I'll be back after I get acquainted with Image Shack.

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:56 PM

There is also flickr which is part of Yahoo, and also Picasa which is part of Google.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:49 PM

I use photobucket and have firefox. with that there is an addon "addblock plus", does the trick more than good for me :thumbsup:. What made me not use flickr is that people can comment and stuff. For Forum purposes I found PB to be excellent. Imageshack is a no no for me as it has ad popunders and has also a history of these: http://securityticker.blogspot.com/2006/07/whats-up-with-imageshack.html

Reason enough never to have used it and never having any interest in using it in the near future.

"How did I get infected?" - "Safe-hex" - Member of UNITE -
Posted Image

#6 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:03 AM

I love the below site - so easy plus no membership or signing in.

http://tinypic.com/

p.s. Forgot to mention that my Avast or my 3 anti-virus and malware programs have never found any danger at the site, thankfully.

Edited by MaraM, 23 August 2008 - 12:04 AM.

Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#7 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:41 PM

Thanks Much !

You find the nicest people in this forum, Photo Buffs and Artist, I guess !

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#8 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:06 PM

So glad everyone here could help you, Jove! Love to see photos so feel free to post.
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#9 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:20 PM

MaraM,

OK That will give me a chance to get to the New sites, I have a couple of interesting photo's here and just opened them there of me spring fishing this year on the surf, I am using another computer and there very dark, so I'll get to the site soon and do a D/L and see if it improves, . . they were OK on the other computer ?

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#10 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:25 PM

BTW MaraM,
What happens at TinyPics, ?

What do I do there are no instructions per site address you gave me, If I upload what happens next how do I D/L it here ?

Do I need to register ?

Jove

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#11 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:22 PM

Nope, no need to register and sign-in, etc.

When you arrive at the page... look for the orange lettered words saying: "Upload images and Video" ...
And just below that...

Where it says 'File' - to the right of that it says, "Browse" ... (This means to browse through your computer until you find the image you want to upload to the site).

1. Click on 'Browse" and a window opens showing the your files - choose the one you want by simply clicking on it

2. Ensure the wee button saying 'image' is highlighted

3. Click on 'Upload Now'

A new window will open at the site saying 'Thanks we got your image ... Click to add tags ...

4. Click on 'IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards' (it's the second choice down)

Clicking on it will automatically highlight and copy a the group of numbers, etc in that box ...

5. Open up the thread at the site where you'd like to add that particular photo (just like if you were going to write a normal message at the site) ...

6. Click within the above message box at the site ... right-click and when the wee box pops up on your screen, just choose 'Paste' and poof, it'll be showing later in your message.

Hope this helps - and please don't worry if you need a bit more help, Jove - I was pretty befuddled myself the first time I tried (gentle smile).

#12 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:59 PM

What do I do there are no instructions per site address you gave me,
Do I need to register ?

Jove

The questions you ask above are answered if you scroll to the very bottom of the page and click on 'Help'
I will add a small illustration of what it looks like below.
Posted Image

If I upload what happens next how do I D/L it here ?

At the top of the forum this post is in, there is a 'pinned topic' Inserting An Image Within A Post, that is a tutorial of exactly what you need to do. Follow those directions.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#13 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:28 PM

OOHHKEEDOKE, . . I thank ya!

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#14 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:15 PM

You're most welcome. I hope it will be of help for you.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#15 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2008 - 11:04 PM

Here is Spring Fishing Down here in Very South Jersey, I tried to get to the other PC with this as it would not be so dark, that PC isn't working very well right now, but if you have any tips on how I might get this to be a little lighter it would be great.
It's funny how the computer can transfer a bad resolution which actually is not on the photo, but is perpetrated by the image program that reads the JPEG to the download, however at the same time the photo is very dark on the display monitor also ?

Posted Image

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users