Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need A Simple Audio Player Or Jukebox--with A Catch!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gfk

gfk

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:29 PM

I have about 1500 songs in mp3 format in a folder on my laptop. I have tried using Windows Media Player and J. River Media Jukebox to play them back in shuffle order AND change the onscreen playlist display correspondingly--so I can see what the shuffle order actually is.

The heart of the problem seems to be that the players will automatically use the embedded mp3 tags, sorting according to title or artist. This will not do.

I have labelled the individual files this way:

Ben E King - Spanish Harlem.mp3

and that's the way I need them to display--using the file names that I've assigned, so I can skip over songs, look for a particular one, and so on.

Surely there's an audio or media player that will use my file names rather than using the tag information AND display the playlist in shuffled order after I've said to shuffle it. But I haven't found it yet, so that's why I'm posting here, asking you for help.

I realize an older player of some kind may be in order. I'd appreciate any help forum members can provide.

Thanks for your time and attention.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 21 August 2008 - 11:41 PM

See if the free version of MediaMonkey, will do what you need.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 tossy

tossy

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:19 AM

I came across this site while searching, hope this could help you. Here you can download Mercury Audio Player, get some new skins
www.mercuryaudio.net/ -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users