Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE : remembers last page even with cleared cache and cookies

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pythius

pythius

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 20 April 2005 - 02:15 PM

i've been having yahoo and many other sign in problems. today I tried to go through aol.com on IE to log into my main account. I'm extremely worried now, as this is my main account with all my information.

The main aol.com page came up and I signed on but nothing happened. just a blank white screen.

So I closed it and tried to log onto aol.com again, but this time I did not get the main screen I got the same white page again.

And when I put in http://www.aol.com it never goes there now it goes directly to the page when i sign in with my info and this is the address:

http://my.screenname.aol.com/_cqr/login/lo...t%3d1&authLev=1

so now I can't even get into aol.com to check email. and now I'm still quite worried to even try it on my main computer through the actual software.

Could this be some hack or some internet explorer setting. I've deleted all cookies, and pages, and cache and history and everything. So I figured I would be able to get to the main aol.com page at least with no history the browser would be able to auto complete and I turned that off also and yet when I put in http://www.aol.com I still get the white screen and this adress.

http://my.screenname.aol.com/_cqr/login/lo...t%3d1&authLev=1

please hopefully something...

best wishes.

Pythius.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2005 - 02:43 PM

It just looks like AOL's frequent crummy service.

The link you posted the address for is just their regular password verification page.

Do you have a popup blocker working? Although if properly working it should not, It may be preventing the main AOL page from opening as they try to open a popup before their regular page opens.

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 20 April 2005 - 02:50 PM

pythius

I note that you have submitted an HJT log in that forum.

I believe many associated problems will be taken care of as you clean your
system following the HJT teams directions.

I am going to put a link from your log back to your post here to help the HJT techs.

regards
Koan
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#4 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:34 AM

If that doesn't fix it, you can always try Firefox and see if you get the same problem. Who knows maybe its spyware that targeted IE.

#5 pythius

pythius
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2005 - 07:31 AM

actually that is what I did is add firefox and things are okay now....but still so many other issues it seems it all started with SP2 download from Windows. But I guess that might be for another area to discuss those issues.

e.g. Search not working
user accounts on my computer can't change settings, each time I go i just get a blank window wheter from Safe mode - Administrator or even my name using admin. provileges. (hence a reading suggestion it is best to work on limited I use that account now instead an account with admin privleges)
aol: can't embed pictures in email
can't view movies
can't view profiles
photoshop problems says when I 'save for web' - cannot find ieexplore.exe
photoshop problem scanning

thanks for the suggestion on firefox...it is by far more amazing.

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 05 May 2005 - 11:27 AM

pythius,

Why didn't you continue through to the end with your HJT thread?

Although Firefox is a good browser, you still have to use IE to get windows updates.
You need to get it fixed, even if you don't use it for your everyday browsing.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2005 - 11:37 AM

Microsoft will provide free support for issues involving SP2:

Microsoft Security Product Support Policy

Technical support is available from Microsoft Product Support
Services at 1-866-PC SAFETY (1-866-727-2338). There is no
charge for support calls associated with security updates.
International customers can get support from their local Microsoft
subsidiaries. Phone numbers for international support can be found
at: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users