Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie7 Runonce

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:11 PM

Hello guys,

I need a little help i reset ie7 because of some problems. Now I get a runonce page for me to choose my settings,however when i choose them and click save settings. It tells me settings not saved and "hangs" saying applying settings. I left it like that overnite thinking it would eventually go away or fix itself however it was in same state when i got up. Whenever I click IE the same runone page comes up every time doing the same thing. i have set my hompage to yahoo.com and it still comes up this same run once page to select my settings. ive looked at my hjt log and found nothin wrong as well as ran my antivirus and malwareantibytes and superantispy they found nothing. Im pretty sure I'm clean and this is an ie7 problem. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Edited by fireman4it, 19 August 2008 - 05:14 PM.

" Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:31 PM

found the problem this topic can be closed!

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:16 AM

Fireman, what was the solution? Never know when it might come in handy for someone else in the future.

#4 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2008 - 03:35 PM

i just re installed ie7

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#5 w0lfm4n

w0lfm4n

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:40 PM

How can you reinstall ie7 without a cd tho? I just did the same thing. I get the runonce... but it comes up with a blank page and in the stsatus bar, 'error on page" y did I do a reset? Cos I was sick of getting "your browser settings prevent you from being automatically redirected to a new url" I looked on google looked in here, looked everyewhere for a solution, but nothing worked. hence the reset. Mind you, I am STILL getting that dreaded error, and am at a loss at what to do :thumbsup:

#6 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:53 PM

You can go to the microsoft website and dowload ie7 from there. IE7 for windows XP SP2 or SP3

You must have windows XP with service pack2 or service pack 3 installed to use this version

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#7 w0lfm4n

w0lfm4n

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:59 PM

Okies kewl. But here is another prob I have found with updating and bleep. My xp version is fraudulent or something :thumbsup: I bought pc from cash converters. it was fine besides some errors, had them fixed (thanx to this site), and well, it was sp2, but was able to update to sp3. since then, I can't auto update cos i get told I don't have a geniune copy of something. I dunno. and I don't have a copy of windows xp so am a bit st5uck :flowers:

#8 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:13 PM

Sorry wolfm4n cant help you with that problem. If you dont have genuine copy of windows then you wont be able to auto update from windows update. You can manually update from the microsoft website. I'm not able to help you with that. You can post in this forum: WINDOWS XP HOME AND PROFESSIONAL HELP

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#9 w0lfm4n

w0lfm4n

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:27 PM

ty. have posted there. here is hoping they were as quick as you :thumbsup: cheers

#10 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:34 PM

HOPEFULLY THEY WILL BE ABLE TO HELP YOU :thumbsup:

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users