Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Start Here Anti Virus Maleware Program Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:21 PM

Without explaining myself further, unless called upon to do so, . . I would like to ask of you who have sufficient experience with the programs that protect most of us from those everyday bad things that happen to our computers, a couple questions.

Concerning HJT logs, prior to logging into the forum there are a battery of malware and ant-virus programs to advised to use, after they serve their purpose what to do with them, I guess they are to be disabled and stored on the PC for the next time OK Correct ?

What program would you suggest be kept running to protect my PC, I want one that is going to allow me to use my internet browser without to much hassle ?

Will appreciate your feedback<

{Moved from AII to more appropriate forum~~boopme}

Edited by boopme, 19 August 2008 - 08:00 PM.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mas_pogi

mas_pogi

Carpal Tunnel of Love

• Members
  • 1,473 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:44 AM

Hi.

Browsing habit does really play a great role in keeping your computer clean. Being conscious on what sites you are navigating.

I use Sandboxie when testing some " UNTRUSTED SITES".
http://www.sandboxie.com/

mp

#3 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:54 PM

Thanks Mas Poqi,

I have irregular surfing habits, since I do research and often enter sites for information, and therefore most are new sites, but I have decided to start protecting myself the best way I can,
today I went to McAfee and wound up having my charge card number in the hands of someone who I chose to speak to to investigate what was going on, in India ? he had something to do with Real Play or Peal Player, he inadvertently reconnected me to someone in the U.SA. after I became rather adamant, who found the 14 day free trial that wasn't actively charged yet, and supposedly deleted it. Of course this is an indirect example of some of the daily occurrences on the internet.

This I think occurred because if you do not make a purchase outright your free trial goes to a third party, therefore they have the opportunity to swing you around a little.

Man I really am hoping that I don't have some bugger using my sisters credit card, because they have my e-mail address.

Anyway, thanks again, I'll look into it.

Jove

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users