Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"no Operating System Found"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 doorman111

doorman111

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:18 PM

I have a Compaq Armada 1560DM - no matter how I try to boot it up ( have tried start up with power button and each F key pushed at same time), "no operating system found" comes up . I can't seem to be able to get to bios screen to change boot order . When I put in my os disc (windows xp home) it still does the same thing. Any ideas of how to get into this one?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:58 PM

Worth a try, http://www.wikihow.com/Reset-Your-BIOS

Related post: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/73297/no-operating-system-found/

Louis

#3 teerossi

teerossi

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:18 PM

This just happened to me last night..

I took my computer apart and put it back together and it said "Operating System Not Found"

Go to Google and type in How to access BIOS

See if you can access the BIOS [Basic Input-Output System]

If you can, look and see if your hard drive is registering to the computer

If it isnt there, if you have a backup computer, take your hard drive out of your computer and put it in the other one,

All your files will still be there.

Thats what i did, and my computer is up an running.

Let me know if you have any success :D
teerossi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users