Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Time Unstable

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Oddie

Oddie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:54 AM

I have a home built system running XP home with AMD Athlon 64 5800 cpu and 1G ram. I have not been able to get the time and date to stay current. I have set it both from the taskbar and in the bios. No matter which place, it keeps changing to any old odd hour and date. Since this is a new motherboard, I assumed the cmos is good but have not actually checked it. Any thoughts as to why the time and date will not stay put?

Thank you in advance,
Oddie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:27 PM

Could be the cmos battery. Replace it and see if that works to resolve the issue.
Batteries don't cost much, so if it doesn't work, at least you will not have spent a lot of money
on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users