Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Assistance Starting A Custom Gaming Computer Manufacturer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nick_N

Nick_N

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:29 AM

A little information about myself before I start: I'm Nick Nishanian. A 16 year old who lives in LA, California and goes to all AP classes. Yes you know great a idiotic kids who thinks he can start a business. Well I've done it before.

Experience: In the past I've started 2 .com businesses which I've sold to a private buyer. Also since the age of 10 I've been helping and watching my dad in his business. He owns couple of the Hamton Inn & Suite hotels in California, He owned once of the most popular banquest halls in LA district which he sold, and also a major real estate owner. Also at age 15 I've gotten my front desk, night audit, and assistance management certification from Hilton to assist in my fathers hotels. So this clears up myself. Been building computers and repairing them since the age of 9.

What I want to do now: Since my video of my custom computer on YouTube, I've been asked by couple of individuals to make them computers, mainly custom gaming computers. Been doing this for over 4 months now and made well over $6,000. I decided if I can do this and enjoy doing it, why not start a business doing it.

What makes me different than others: I've been building and repairing computers since 9. I have a dream for these kind of stuff. I mainly want to build computer based on the gaming business and thats where most of the money comes these days. I also am I hard core gamer so when I build it comes, its build by not only gamers but hardcore gamers FOR hardcore gamers! I also have some stuff up my sleeve that I don't want to release to the public that will HIGHLY increase my reputation in the business cause of these strategy decesions I have in mind.

What do I need: I need assistance in starting the company. Where can I go to get a guide or some sort of information on companies started like this. I have the location already, its going to be at one of my dads buildings that he has set for me. It's not big but I can fit 10 computer docks for myself to work on since at the moment it'll just be me, it also has a desk room for myself and a front desk room. I need also have no idea where to buy the parts straight from the manufacturer since these days individuals buy from the reseller but I want to know where the reseller buys it from. Also how do warranty and issurance work? What legal action do I need? What certification do I need? What do I do? All these things need to be answered.

So please if any assistance will be welcomed, Thank you!

Edited by garmanma, 19 August 2008 - 08:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:56 PM

What do I need: I need assistance in starting the company. Where can I go to get a guide or some sort of information on companies started like this. I have the location already, its going to be at one of my dads buildings that he has set for me. It's not big but I can fit 10 computer docks for myself to work on since at the moment it'll just be me, it also has a desk room for myself and a front desk room. I need also have no idea where to buy the parts straight from the manufacturer since these days individuals buy from the reseller but I want to know where the reseller buys it from. Also how do warranty and issurance work? What legal action do I need? What certification do I need? What do I do? All these things need to be answered.

I would start out with your city's Chamber of Commerce and see what services they can provide. In our city, they have a mentoring program that can pair you up with retired business people. They can tell you of things to expect, things you didn't think of, getting a business plan in order, and even suggestions on obtaining financing
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Nick_N

Nick_N
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:38 PM

Thank you. At the moment yes I think I will be selling over Ebay and my main website. I will start off by creating custom computers already built and just selling them as is. Then once I get loyal customers to get active on my forum/chat I put on my website and get some nice ratings on Ebay and see my customer margin go up, I can start taking customer orders. Thank you.

Some questions:

1- What employees do I need to hire in the future and now, as in staff and management. I know I need technicians and customer service. What else? VP of Marketing? VP of Foreign Affairs if I wanted to ship overseas etc...? Please assist

2- How can I copyright my NNTech name? Will it cost major cash?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users