Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Card Upgrade (need Help)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shockem

Shockem

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:54 AM

Hello,

I have an Dell inspiron 1520 and it has 3gb of memory 60gb HD an 8400 Gs Nvidia Graphics card, also i have a core two duo 2.0 ghz processor. Im not sure if or where i can upgrade my video card but it seems to be that crappy part of my comp. With Sc2 and D3 coming out i want to make sure i have a good enough card. I can manually put in the card if somebody can help me decide where and what card to buy. Also i only have 15gb space left on hd, would this be limiting my computers performance? I did not think so but why not ask because my friend has only 2gb mem same card worse processor and a bigger hd and his comp get better windows rating then mine.

Thanks,
SHOCKEM :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:19 AM

From what I have read, that computer does have a modular graphics card that can be upgraded. However, Dell uses a proprietary slot so you have to get the replacement card from them. Here's their page. You may want to do some research on installing this graphics card before you purchase.

3939.png

#3 Jonathan C

Jonathan C

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:26 PM

The thing i have noticed in dells is that if you dont ask for better external graphics from dell while buying it the is usually not a PCI-E , nore when AGP was being used. Personally I am not a fan of dell do to poor hardware/software with MOST not all.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users