Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usb Ports Suddenly Not Working?!?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Venek

Venek

• Members
  • 293 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:12 AM

Help me out here please, I have a weird problem.

As my topic obviously states, my USB ports in the I/O panel of my motherboard isn't working for some reason. This happened maybe a week ago when I woke up my computer from screensaver mode. I had my mouse and joystick plugged in there and both were working just fine. After I woke up the computer, though, it's like they completely disappeared. No big deal, I thought, I rebooted. Still didn't recognize the motherboard's USB ports.

Now I have my mouse plugged in a USB card in a PCI slot and works fine, of course. Being the perfectionist that I am, I want to know why my USB ports quit so suddenly like that and with no warning. Also, what can I do to fix it? I already went to eVGA's web site to see if anyone else had the same problem and I didn't find anything. I'm guessing the ports just went kablooey?

T'anks,
Venek
UberGeeks of the world...UNITE!

Uh guys? Wanna take your eyes off that screen for a second? Raise the mice? Battle cry?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:12 AM

Check for yellow exclamation points by the USB devices in Device Manager. Remove them in Device Manager, then reboot and let Windows redetect them
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Venek

Venek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 293 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:51 PM

Check for yellow exclamation points by the USB devices in Device Manager. Remove them in Device Manager, then reboot and let Windows redetect them

OK, just looked and there are no yellow exclamation points by any USB device in the Device Manager. I'm thinking I should remove them anyway and reboot and see if that works, except I don't know which ones to remove.
UberGeeks of the world...UNITE!

Uh guys? Wanna take your eyes off that screen for a second? Raise the mice? Battle cry?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users