Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU Crash on Shutdown (Win 98)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 glutton

glutton

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 20 April 2005 - 12:19 PM

Whenever I use KazaaLite 2.4.3 my computer fails to shut down properly.
While using the program, everything is fine, usually upon startup everything is fine (although i'll be interested to see what kind of new bleep is there when i restart after using it now that i'm armed with all the Spyware/adware programs i've been able to access since joining this forum).

But it never shutdown after using KazaaLite.. I get the Blue Screen classic win.98 error and am forced to turn it off with the power switch... no big deal really, but its a pain in the ass waiting for my computer to check for errors everytime i restart because of improper shutdown...

anyone had any experience with this/fixes??

thanks,
scott

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 bradly

bradly

• Deactivated
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 20 April 2005 - 01:25 PM

Solution 1: uninstall KazaaLite ;)

Solution 2: When you are finished using kazaalite, make sure you completely end the task (ie. make sure its still not running in the background - check the system tray and processes).

Kazaalite likes to put itself in the startup items, so also make sure its not in there (start - run - msconfig - startup tab - uncheck it - apply - close - reboot)
Shrinkwrapped - Free PC Therapy

#3 glutton

glutton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 20 April 2005 - 02:37 PM

I tried your suggestion but it's not in the StartUp list and it's completey closed from the taskbar at the bottom. no traces of it.. it just buggers things up temporarily.

#4 bradly

bradly

• Deactivated
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2005 - 03:12 PM

If it appears to only be related to kazaalite 2.4.3, then the solution would be to uninstall it, or try a different version.

#5 bradly

bradly

• Deactivated
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2005 - 03:19 PM

Also, you might find something here:

http://www.filesharingplace.com/faqs/problems.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic