Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Registry Value Infected

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#1 shulamit74

shulamit74

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:25 AM

Hello,
I scanned my computer with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and it found a Trojan here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad\tfnslopk, but could not remove it. Can you help me delete it?
I am using XP pro sp2.

Heres the HijackThis log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 22:00:25, on 18/08/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\NetVision\Ad-Aware\Ad-Watch.exe
C:\Program Files\Webshots\webshots.scr
C:\Program Files\ICQ6\ICQ.exe
C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\HelpSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.il/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll
O2 - BHO: Neopets - {CD292324-974F-4224-D074-CACA427AA030} - C:\PROGRA~1\Neopets\Toolbar\Toolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Neopets - {CD292324-974F-4224-D074-CACA427AA030} - C:\PROGRA~1\Neopets\Toolbar\Toolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Windows DLL Loader] C:\DOCUME~1\user\LOCALS~1\Temp\svc32_4.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AWMON] "C:\Program Files\NetVision\Ad-Aware\Ad-Watch.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSI Configuration] msiconf.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpyShredder] C:\Program Files\SpyShredder\SpyShredder.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [RunNarrator] Narrator.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [RunNarrator] Narrator.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: AutorunsDisabled
O4 - Startup: RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Registration.lnk = C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp\{42D3A29C-723E-4C51-93A5-345343026E87}\{907B4640-266B-4A21-92FB-CD1A86CD0F63}\ATR1.exe
O4 - Startup: Webshots.lnk = C:\Program Files\Webshots\Launcher.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to AMV Converter... - C:\Program Files\MP3 Player Utilities 4.18\AMVConverter\grab.html
O9 - Extra button: ICQ6 - {E59EB121-F339-4851-A3BA-FE49C35617C2} - C:\Program Files\ICQ6\ICQ.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ICQ6 - {E59EB121-F339-4851-A3BA-FE49C35617C2} - C:\Program Files\ICQ6\ICQ.exe
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\nwprovau.dll
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: avgrsstx.dll
O21 - SSODL: tfnslopk - {1EC7B31A-615C-43D8-B1CA-412DAE1E84D5} - (no file)
O23 - Service: ASP.NET State Service (aspnet_state) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_state.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: AVG Free8 E-mail Scanner (avg8emc) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Free8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: ImapiService - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\imapi.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: mnmsrvc - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\mnmsrvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Nla - Unknown owner - C:\DOCUME~1\user\LOCALS~1\Temp\svc32_1.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: RasMan - Unknown owner - C:\DOCUME~1\user\LOCALS~1\Temp\svc32_1.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental) (rpcapd) - CACE Technologies - C:\Program Files\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe

--
End of file - 4902 bytes

Thanks, Anne

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:30 PM

:thumbsup: to BleepingComputer.com

My name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)

I want to apologise that it has taken so long to get back to you. We on the HJT Team are working as fast as possible to get your log answered.

If you would still like help, please post a new HiJack This log below, as things may have changed on your system.

If you do not still need help, please let me know, so that I can move on to other users who still need help.

Please take note of the following:
  • While a HJT Team member is working with you, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.
  • Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. :)
  • If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
  • Please reply using the Posted Image button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.
  • Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just put a post here so that I know you're still here. We get a lot of people who simply leave, and if there is no contact for that amount of time I will have to assume you have "vanished" :).

Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#3 shulamit74

shulamit74
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:17 PM

Hey, thanks for answering dude.
Somehow I actually managed to get rid of the last Trojan. But I suspect there are other infections in my computer.
Heres the new log:

Scan saved at 04:15:31, on 30/08/2008

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\WINWORD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.il/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Neopets - {CD292324-974F-4224-D074-CACA427AA030} - C:\PROGRA~1\Neopets\Toolbar\Toolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Neopets - {CD292324-974F-4224-D074-CACA427AA030} - C:\PROGRA~1\Neopets\Toolbar\Toolbar.dll
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [Nokia.PCSync] C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\PcSync2.exe /NoDialog (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [Nokia.PCSync] C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\PcSync2.exe /NoDialog (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O23 - Service: ASP.NET State Service (aspnet_state) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_state.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: AVG Free8 E-mail Scanner (avg8emc) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Free8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental) (rpcapd) - CACE Technologies - C:\Program Files\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe

--
End of file - 3147 bytes

#4 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:47 PM

Hello, shulamit74.
That looks clean to me. Do want to do a final check though.

I would like us to use ESET (NOD32)'s Online Scanner
  • Please go to ESET OnlineScan (NOD32)
  • You will then see the Terms of Use, tick the check-box infront of YES, I accept the Terms of Use
  • Now click Start
  • Should you face a Security Warning that asks if you want to install and run a file called "OnlineScanner.cab", click Yes
  • Click Start
    • Note: (the Onlinescanner will now prepare itself for running on your pc)
  • To do a full-scan, tick: "Remove found threats" and "Scan potentially unwanted applications"
  • Press Scan
  • The Onlinescan will now start and scan your pc (this could take a while)
  • When the scan has finished, it will show a screen with two tabs "overview" and "details" and the option to get information or buy software, just close the window
  • Click Start >> Run... >> type: C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
  • The Scanresults will now open in Notepad
  • Click into the text area, right-click and chose "select all" (or use <Control>+A)
  • Right-click again and chose "Copy" (or <Control>+C)
  • Close/Exit Notepad
  • Navigate to this thread and post your log along with anything else requested from us, by right-clicking and "paste" (or ctrl+v) in the text area of the reply post you just created.
Note: For Vista Users: Eset is compatible but Internet Explorer must be run as Administrator. To do this, right-click on the IE icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select "Run as Administrator" from the context menu.)

Your Microsoft Windows installation is out of date.
Whenever a security problem in its software is found, Microsoft will usually create a patch for it. After the patch is installed, attackers can't use the vulnerability to install malicious software on your PC, so keeping up with these patches will help to prevent malicious software being installed on your PC
Go here to check for & install updates to Microsoft applications.
Note: The update process uses ActiveX, so you will need to use Internet Explorer for it, and allow the ActiveX control that it wants to install.

Please reboot and repeat the update process until there are no more updates to install.

Please let me know of any problems you may have encountered.

In your next reply, please include the following:
  • ESET OnlineScan's Log

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#5 shulamit74

shulamit74
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:23 AM

Ok heres the ESET OnlineScan's Log:

# version=4
# OnlineScanner.ocx=1.0.0.635
# OnlineScannerDLLA.dll=1, 0, 0, 79
# OnlineScannerDLLW.dll=1, 0, 0, 78
# OnlineScannerUninstaller.exe=1, 0, 0, 49
# vers_standard_module=3401 (20080829)
# vers_arch_module=1.064 (20080214)
# vers_adv_heur_module=1.066 (20070917)
# EOSSerial=5e635f9301be804ea644a31ec57fd059
# end=finished
# remove_checked=true
# unwanted_checked=true
# utc_time=2008-08-30 12:47:17
# local_time=2008-08-30 02:47:17 (+0200, Jerusalem Standard Time)
# country="Israel"
# osver=5.1.2600 NT Service Pack 2
# scanned=145273
# found=3
# scan_time=3473
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\Tom_and_Jerry__Fists_Fury_By__Toxic.rar Win32/Keylogger.HotKeysHook.A trojan (deleted) 00000000000000000000000000000000
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\Tom_and_Jerry__Fists_Fury_By__Toxic.rar »RAR »Tom_and_Jerry_ Fists_Fury_By _Toxic\trainer.exe Win32/Keylogger.HotKeysHook.A trojan (error while cleaning - operation unavailable for this type of object - error while deleting - operation unavailable for this type of object - was a part of the deleted object) 00000000000000000000000000000000
C:\Tom_and_Jerry__Fists_Fury_By__Toxic\Tom_and_Jerry_ Fists_Fury_By _Toxic\trainer.exe Win32/Keylogger.HotKeysHook.A trojan (unable to clean - deleted) 00000000000000000000000000000000

When I tried to install the updates, an error occurred:

"The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. Take the following steps to try solving the problem:
Refresh the page.
In Internet Explorer, delete your Temporary Internet Files by going to the Tools menu and clicking Internet Options.
Close and then re-open Internet Explorer.

If these steps don’t work, try visiting the site later or using the resources provided below."

And indeed the stepst did not work...what shuld I do?

#6 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:55 AM

Did it list an error code?

Should look like 0x00000EE2

Billy3
Posted Image

#7 shulamit74

shulamit74
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2008 - 05:56 AM

Yeah Error number: 0x8DDD0004

#8 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:17 PM

Hello, shulamit74.

Please follow these instructions and restart windows update. See if things work now:

We need to repair some of windows' internal registration settings
  • Please download Dial-A-Fix from one of the following mirrors:
  • Extract the zip file to your desktop.
  • Double click Dial-a-Fix.exe to start the program.
  • Press the green double checkmark box (Looks like this: Posted Image)
  • UNcheck "Empty Temp Folders", as well as "Adjust Time/Date" in the prep section. The prep section should then look like this:
    Posted Image
  • When the window looks like this, press the GO button in the bottom of the window.
    Posted Image
  • Exit/Close Dial-A-Fix
Billy3
Posted Image

#9 shulamit74

shulamit74
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:05 PM

It worked like magic and I managed to install the updates, sweet:D
There were some problems though.. lots of errors kept appearing during the Dial-A-Fix run, does it matter somehow?

#10 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:51 PM

It worked like magic and I managed to install the updates, sweet:D

Glad to hear it :)
*BillyONeal :thumbsup: Dial@Fix

There were some problems though.. lots of errors kept appearing during the Dial-A-Fix run, does it matter somehow?

It depends. What were the errors?

Please post a fresh HJT Log

Billy3
Posted Image

#11 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:26 PM

Hello, shulamit74.
Are you still here?

Billy3
Posted Image

#12 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:41 PM

EDIT: User returned, topic reopened.
Billy3

Edited by Billy O'Neal, 09 September 2008 - 11:17 PM.

Posted Image

#13 shulamit74

shulamit74
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2008 - 06:04 AM

Thanks for reopening the topic. I tried to run dial-a-fix again, and this error appered:
Error 2147221165 was encountered while trying to unregister C:/WINDOWS/system32/wups2.dll.The error text is: invalid value for regisry..." Right afterwords as the program continued running, another error appeared: Error 0X80070005: 'Access denied'. It advised me to run "repair permissions" and so I did, but it did not help. Can you help me fix this?

#14 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:17 PM

You shouldn't need to run D@F again... Things should be okay now. If that's the error you got than it can safely be ignored.

How are things running otherwise?

Please post a fresh HJT log :thumbsup:

Billy3
Posted Image

#15 shulamit74

shulamit74
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:14 PM

Everythings working great (I think)but one problem. Every time I press "9" My computer folder opens, and every time I press "L" the Outlook Express opens. Its so annoying, please help me stop it
Heres the new log:

Scan saved at 20:01:11, on 16/09/2008

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DrvMon.exe
C:\Program Files\ICQ6\ICQ.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DrvMon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\DrvMon.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [Nokia.PCSync] C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\PcSync2.exe /NoDialog (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [Nokia.PCSync] C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\PcSync2.exe /NoDialog (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O9 - Extra button: ICQ6 - {E59EB121-F339-4851-A3BA-FE49C35617C2} - C:\Program Files\ICQ6\ICQ.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ICQ6 - {E59EB121-F339-4851-A3BA-FE49C35617C2} - C:\Program Files\ICQ6\ICQ.exe
O16 - DPF: {56762DEC-6B0D-4AB4-A8AD-989993B5D08B} (OnlineScanner Control) - http://www.eset.eu/buxus/docs/OnlineScanner.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/microsoftu...b?1220102949609
O23 - Service: NetDDE - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\netdde.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: NetDDEdsdm - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\netdde.exe (file missing)

--
End of file - 3313 bytes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users