Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Something's Wrong With Windows Explorer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Turnips

Turnips

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:51 AM

..I have to right-click and select "open" to be able to, well, open(or explore) a folder! It's kind of a hassle. The only "tweak" I remember doing before this happened was changing the default folder icon(which didn't work!) in Windows Explorer -> Tools -> Folder Options -> File types -> File folder -> advanced -> Change icon. Help, please! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:38 AM

Perhaps returning the system to a date before you attempted the change will cure it.

System Restore is a feature of Windows XP that allows you to restore your computer to a previous known working state in the event of a problem. This is done without loss of personal files or data such as word processing documents, spreadsheets, music, images, etc. This feature is enabled by default and runs in the background making backups after certain events happen on your computer. System restore functions are only available to an administrator of the computer, therefore if you are not an administrator, you will not be able to follow this tutorial.

Windows XP System Restore Guide
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-xp-system-restore-guide/
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Turnips

Turnips
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:56 AM

Hi,
I was able to fix the problem by going to Folder Options, and a .reg file from another site. Thanks anyway.
^_~

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:18 AM

Just out of curiosity, what site did you get the reg file from?
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users