Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Drivers For Motherboard

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ratdem

ratdem

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:35 PM

I bought a new PC from HP back in February which came loaded with Windows Vista Home Premium. My problem is that I hate Vista and everything to do with it. I still have my old XP Home disc and SP1 disc, but when I wiped Vista and installed XP, none of my motherboard's on-board components (sound card, ethernet, etc.) functioned. I have spent the last week waiting for a response from the ECS tech support with no luck, and am at my wit's end. I really want to go back to XP, but am stumped as to where I can find these drivers. If anyone can help, I'd be very appreciative.

The motherboard's stats are:

Socket: AM2
Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Motherboard manufacturer's name: ECS MCP61PM-HM
HP/Compaq name: Nettle2-GL8E
"If ignorance is bliss, then wipe the smile off my face."
Rage Against the Machine

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 possumbarnes

possumbarnes

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:57 PM

You could try downloading and running RadarSync 2008. Find it at www.radarsync.com

I had a customer bring me a computer with a similar problem and RadarSync found every driver I needed. Including some installed program updates. The only issue you may have is you'll need to have the proper network adapter driver installed before RadarSync can do its thing.

Hope this helps
What's more irrational--a guy who believes in a God he cannot see or a guy who is offended by a God he doesn't believe in?

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:00 PM

What is the make and model number of your computer (for example: Pavilion 7955)?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#4 Kevin7408

Kevin7408

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:07 AM

Thanks for the info on RadarSync, Possum!

It helped out one of my clients who was having driver issues and it's free! Great suggestion

#5 ratdem

ratdem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:22 PM

I'll give RadarSync a try, thanks, and to answer your question, Budapest, it's an HP Pavillion a6200n.
Rage Against the Machine

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:32 PM

Unfortunately they only have Vista drivers for that machine on the HP website.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 ratdem

ratdem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:51 AM

Yeah, I found that out myself yesterday after ECS finally got back to me and told me that since the motherboard was an OEM product made just for HP, that I'd have to go through them to get any drivers, and then HP told me that I was pretty much boned. Guess I'll just have to learn to live with the electronic abortion that is Vista. *shudders*

Anyway, at least I found out about RadarSync. It's impressed me completely.

Thanks for trying to help, folks.
Rage Against the Machine

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:40 PM

I prefer Vista to XP - but it's still not all that difficult to get the drivers for XP (if they do exist).

The first step is to check HP for the specifications for the motherboard, and for the names of the drivers that they have for Vista (which'll provide clues as to the names of the XP drivers)

The next step is to check the ECS web pages for that model, and then look for similar models (a just-in-case scenario).

Then, armed with that information, you can figure out the types of drivers that you'll need by some simple deduction.

Also, once XP is installed, you can use the Hardware ID (in the Details tab of the Properties of that device) to further identify the device. Then it's just a matter of searching for the drivers that are available for XP.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#9 possumbarnes

possumbarnes

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:20 PM

I prefer Vista to XP - but it's still not all that difficult to get the drivers for XP (if they do exist).

That is the 1st time I've ever heard anyone say that they prefer Vista to XP. :thumbsup:

Did RadarSync help you find your drivers? Its actually an old program that has never worked well with XP until recently. I tried the 2007 version about 10 different times and it never worked for me. This new version works great.
What's more irrational--a guy who believes in a God he cannot see or a guy who is offended by a God he doesn't believe in?

#10 ratdem

ratdem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2008 - 02:17 PM

I can't say that RadarSync helped with the drivers, since they don't seem to exist for this damned OEM board (That tears it. Next PC, I'm building from scratch.), but it did alert me to about twelve newer versions of some of my favorite programs. It's worth keeping around just for that.
Rage Against the Machine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users