Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Buzzing Sound On Speakers On Vista Machine

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 brotherZ

brotherZ

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:45 PM

My speakers are always buzzing on my Vista machine even though there is no program emitting sound through the speakers. It's like the speakers are always on. I have to manually unplug them for the sound to go away. Is this a compatibility issue with Vista?
I use an Altec Lansing external speakers. They are a bit older and I was using them before on my XP machine.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 yowie

yowie

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:29 AM

I had a similar problem, but mine was like a dull popping sound. It turned out to be some radio interference from a HAM radio. Have a look around and see if there are and CB or UHF radio antenna in your area. I have sinced moved from this area and the popping has gone.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:49 AM

Move the speakers as far away from the monitor as possible. If the speaker wire is tangled up with the rest of the cords in back of your desk, try running them separate. Try the speaker power plug in a different outlet than the other stuff
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users