Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Much Is A Windows Xp Cd If You've Lost One.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vistawizz008

vistawizz008

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:35 AM

My computer is not booting up properly and goes into the recovery mode and i need to buy a windows xp cd to repair the boot up problem but i am unsure of how much they are from pc world? How much would it be? Does anyone know?
Many thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:15 AM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16832116511

http://www.bizrate.com/operatingsystems/pr...1__sort--5.html

Louis

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:47 AM

Apparently, not the greatest company to do business with
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PC_World_(retailer)
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:47 AM

It would depend on what make you computer is. I have a friend that owns a Dell, and they were able to verify through her registration information that she was the original owner, and they sent her the disks for the price of shipping.

Have you contacted the manufacturer of you computer to see what they can do? You paid for that operating system when you bought the computer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:09 PM

Hi,

How much would it be? Does anyone know?

Its around a few hundred canadian dollars.($200-500)
Not exactly sure.

Have you contacted the manufacturer of you computer to see what they can do? You paid for that operating system when you bought the computer.

My computer had a promblem a while ago, and I reinstalled XP and fixed the promblem. However I had to get an XP cd as well because when I bought the computer they didn't give me an XP cd. My friend however got an XP cd from the company he bought his computer...

Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users