Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:53 PM
I have been using AVG Anti-Virus 8.0 Free for sometime now with no problems.
However, this last update that came in that required a restart of my computer, keeps asking me to restart the computer.
At first I restarted the computer 3 times. Still no good, on the 4th times the little box asking to restart didnt pop up. So i opened AVG from the icon next to the clock and then i wanted to make sure it was updated, since a problem was occurring. Then the box poped up again. Its been a couple days and i cant figure out why it keeps asking me to restart computer to finish the instalation of the update.
Im using AVG, Spyware Terminator, and Comodo Firewall Pro, and have went the 'files waiting for your review' in Comodo and made them in 'my own safe files', so that not the issue.
Anyone else have this issue care to help or can shed some light on how i might be able to fix it?
Computer is a Laptop- Dell Vostro 1500, Win XP PRO, SP2, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T7100 @ 1.80GHz, 1GB ram.
Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal
Desktop | Laptop
- [OS] Windows 10 Pro x64 | 17.3" Touchscreen Windows 10 Pro x64
- [Motherboard] Intel DZ87KLT-75K
- [Power Supply] Zalman ZM850-HP Plus 850W
- [HDD] Seagate Hybrid STCL2000400 2TB | 256 GB SSD
- [Case] Zalman GS1200
- [CPU] i5-4440 Processor | Lenovo Y70 Touch (80DU00ESUS) Intel Core i7 4720HQ (2.60 GHz)
- [Memory] CORSAIR DOMINATOR 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 | 16 GB Memory
- [Graphics] ASUS DirectCU II Radeon R9 270X 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5