Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Times Out To Bsod

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hhyatt

hhyatt

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:55 PM

BSOD occurs about every 10mins, evidently if i move mouse it doesnt, its acting like a screen saver. I thinkd I may have had antivirus xp 2008 , which i hope i have gotten rid of, I was trying to do a deep scan with antivirus software when I started noticing this screensaver like behavior. I really found that something was wrong when I tried to do a restore, but all restore points had been deleted. And it modified the registry so that it did away with the abilit to select wallpaper for XP monitor.

I think I got rid of the antivirus xp 2008 by running SpyBot and MalwareBytes's Anti-MalWare. Any comments on what I should have done. I'm not sure that I'm out of the woods yet. Performance over the next several days will tell.

The BSOD messages are :- Bogus drive, KMode Exception Not Handled, Bad pool header, Unexpected kernel mode trap, IRQL not less or equal, Panic stack switch, Sysinternals Great Site.

I've tried so many things today that I can't really recall them all. This is the first time that I've ever had a real problem with virus or MalWare. I'm using AVG 8.0 Internet Security Suite but I'm not sure that it is that great of a program. What is the best SpyWare/Antivirus program to use.

All comments would be appreciated
HHyatt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 17 August 2008 - 08:22 PM

Update and scan again with MalwareBytes and then post the log back here.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users