Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 1327. Invalid Drive: E

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 p43hd

p43hd

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:01 PM

hi. today i switched from zonealarm pro to comodo and also from avg to NOD32 because of those apps taking up a ton of resources. i have a WD1600C032 160gb external usb hd. it has worked fine and i reformatted it yesterday to ntfs so that i could use the space more efficiently. today i rebooted for comodos installation and when i logged in i got a preparing to install "scannercopy" message and i was like wtf is scannercopy... anyways it continued to tell me error 1327. invalid drive: E. also my E drive is no longer recognised when i type E: into explorer. however the E: drive does show up when i right click the safely remove hardware except it doesnt call it E: drive anymore it calls it usb mass storage device and WD 1600jb. these 2 options showed up before but with the addition of drive e:

i tried following http://consumerdocs.installshield.com/self...6&sliceId=1 but i no longer have the disk manager service.

sorry guys if i lack detail please just ask... its been a long a$$ day and this is ticking me off. also i wasnt sure if this could be spyware/virus related so i wasnt quite sure where to post. any help is appreciated thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:23 PM

What exactly do you mean when you say that i no longer have the disk manager service? Do you receive any error messages?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 p43hd

p43hd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:31 PM

What exactly do you mean when you say that i no longer have the disk manager service? Do you receive any error messages?

when i go to start/ control panel/ admin tools/ comp. management

then i click on disk management. it loads for a few seconds and says the dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:40 PM

What happens if you plug the external hard drive into another computer?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 p43hd

p43hd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:44 PM

only other computer i have are 2 macs running on os x. when i plug it into them they recognize it and allow me to create new partitions etc. however it doesnt let me read the info on the drive because of its "incorrectly formatted for mac osx" (the drive is formatted for ntsf)

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:47 PM

Go Start > Run and type "services.msc". Scroll down to the Logical Disk Manager service, right click on it and select Start.

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 p43hd

p43hd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:50 PM

Go Start > Run and type "services.msc". Scroll down to the Logical Disk Manager service, right click on it and select Start.

i got "could not start the logical disk manager administrative service service on local computer
error 1075: the dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion."

also just fyi i do not possess the windows installation disk (its at my office) but i do have an iso image of it on my computer. actually crap... that is on the E: drive.

im wondering... one of the dependencies is RPC and when i go into its properties and select log on it has this account: NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService and a password for it. i have never set up this account however it may be required etc. (this is technically a university computer that i got through one of my grants. so im wondering if this was placed on there when they installed xp for admin purposes)

Edited by p43hd, 17 August 2008 - 08:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users