Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Free Uninstallers?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 joniebee

joniebee

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:12 AM

Hi,I have read somewhere about 3rd party,Free programs that uninstall programs for you,Properly without leaving any trace of a program behind.As some programs are really stubborn and a nightmare to remove a program like an uninstaller would be great,Only thing is i dont know where to start,Could anybody give me advice on which are the best of the bunch and the ones i should check out,Thanks for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 possumbarnes

possumbarnes

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:15 AM

Revo Uninstaller works great. Just follow the instructions and when it gets to the step of removing the registry entries, BE SURE TO CHECK OFF ONLY THE ENTRIES THAT ARE SHOWN IN BOLD.
Here is a link to download it:
http://www.download.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3...4-10687648.html
What's more irrational--a guy who believes in a God he cannot see or a guy who is offended by a God he doesn't believe in?

#3 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:35 AM

I agree, Revo is a great tool.
Regards,

Alan.

#4 mas_pogi

mas_pogi

Carpal Tunnel of Love

• Members
  • 1,473 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2008 - 08:00 AM

hi.

I also use Revo Uninstaller but be careful when deleting some of the leftover registry items when it ask if you want to delete it.

I already have some problem with it when I accidentally deleted all file association in registry. Almost all file association. :thumbsup:

Thank goodness I got a recovery cd and reverted all to my restore points.

Mark

#5 DazzaH2

DazzaH2

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 26 August 2008 - 12:29 PM

Ditto and Ditto and Ditto i use revo and never had a problem with it :thumbsup:
i also keep "move on boot" on disc for those corrupt downloads which windows wont let you delete its available at http://www.gibinsoft.net/gipoutils/
:flowers:
Windows Vista SP1/AVG 8.5/Malwarebytes' anti-malware/Firefox3.0.2/IE7/office 2007/live messenger 2009

#6 samuel3

samuel3

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 26 August 2008 - 12:34 PM

I use CCleaner

#7 possumbarnes

possumbarnes

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:14 PM

I use CCleaner as well, but not to uninstall programs anymore. CCleaner doesn't fully uninstall programs like Revo does. Revo works like CCleaner and runs the programs own uninstall, but then Revo goes and finds all the registry entries for you to delete, and then goes and find all the folders and leftover files for you to delete. Revo FULLY uninstalls a program.
What's more irrational--a guy who believes in a God he cannot see or a guy who is offended by a God he doesn't believe in?

#8 reelkill

reelkill

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:37 AM

Maybe give Absolute Uninstaller a try, I seen it in PC magazine it was in an issue they had called best free software. I am going to give it a try myself too here is the link to it Absolute Uninstaller It is from glarysoft.com they have alot more free apps also.

Edited by reelkill, 30 August 2008 - 09:39 AM.

reelkill.filetap.com
shaunthorpe.blogspot.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users