Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Newly Installed Game's Graphics Skip Frames

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ThaWhiteboy1691

ThaWhiteboy1691

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:36 AM

I have a game disk for the game FATE, by WildTangent Games, and I installed it and ran it on my computer. The sound is fluent, but the video part skips frames and is impossible to effectively play. I tried checking the system requirements, but I really don't know where to find information about my video card, if that's even something I need to bother with.

I'm running Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2, and that's about all I know.

I clicked on the help link from the game window and it brought me to a instruction booklet for the game [in pdf format] and I read a little. One thing it said would solve most problems is to download the latest version of DirectX or something from Windows, so I did. No dice.

If anybody can help me track down the issue ailing my game, it'd be great, thanks. I'll see if I can find any information for you if you'd like regarding system requirments and the like. Just let me know what to look for.

Thanks again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:10 AM

Hello ThaWhiteboy1691,

It sounds like the graphics card is not powerful enough to run the game. http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/ will give detailed information on the Graphics card. Look for name and memory.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 ThaWhiteboy1691

ThaWhiteboy1691
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:19 AM

Ah, hello again, Alan. Thanks for your speedy response, lol. =]

Well, I ran that for you.

Name: RAGE 120 PRO Ultra GL AGP (Microsoft Corporation)
Memory Type: DDR
Memory Size: 16 MB

Wow, 16 MB isn't a lot at all...Can the graphics card be replaced if need be?

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2008 - 12:03 PM

You are correct, the 16MB is quite small, I would imagine this card would cause stuttering game play.
http://www.gtopala.com/ will help you find out the make and model of the motherboard. Using this information you can (if you want to) buy a new graphics card.
Regards,

Alan.

#5 ThaWhiteboy1691

ThaWhiteboy1691
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:30 AM

Thanks. I think I'll take that and search around for a new graphics card.

Apprecieted. :thumbsup:

#6 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:37 AM

No problem, glad to help.
Regards,

Alan.

#7 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:39 PM

Sorry bout the late post. Make sure that you buy a video card that is appropriate for your motherboard. The newest video cards will not work on your motherboard because I believe your video card slot is PCI-sized and not PCI Express, which is the newest. You might consider upgrading the motherboard, but that would complicate things considerably, so the simplest thing would just be to replace the video card. I think one of the newest cards supported by your system is an nVidia GeForce 5200GT. Good luck.
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#8 bily

bily

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:06 AM

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users