Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo Messenger Will Not Connect To Sound In Chat Rooms

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 binga

binga

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:07 PM

Hi

I recently bought a new PC with Vista. I downloaded Yahoo messenger which was working ok until I tried to listen to music in a chat room. A voice error appeared saying " This computer does not appear to have audio input capability or is not configured correctly"

Since I'm new to Vista and didn't have a problem with XP I assume it has something to do with Vista. I had a look at the audio functions and dosn't seem to be anything there that could help.

I understand there is a beta version of yahoo messenger for Vista but I'm not sure if that would be any better.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Binga

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:12 AM

There is a patch offered here:
http://www.freecreed.com/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 binga

binga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:25 AM

I installed the Vista Voice Fix 10.00 which included the codec "TSP_codec_install.exe" but this didn't fix the problem. When I go into Yahoo Chat and try the talk button I get " this computer does not support the required audio compression format" When I googled this most of the responses was to install the above codec. There were other possible solutions but it got too confusing to search.

Is it true that Vista has a compatability function for programs installed under XP. I have seen this mentioned before in searches so would this help?.

Thanks for the advice

Binga

#4 yowie

yowie

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:10 AM

I have read that Yahoo is yet to bring out a fair dinkum working voice program for Vista, although could be wrong. I on the other hand have tried it and failed, so, I do not use it. A pain in the rear end I know, but maybe it is like that for a reason. Yahoo first thought they would have something ready for Vista by July 2007, then it went to August. Maybe we all need to play the waiting game on this.

#5 binga

binga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:42 AM

Thanks for the comments Yowie. I will continue to work this out although it's not the main focus in my life at the moment. It's one of those annoying things where you want to get it to work just to shove it up Yahoo.

If I do get a solution I'll post it with one of these :huh:

Binga

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users