Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rps Rpscore

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 cor71

cor71

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:01 PM

I already used Hijack This to put a bunch of these RPS files onto my add/remove hardware list, but I'm not given the option to remove them. What should I do next?

Here's my attached startup list.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Shaba

Shaba

Koutsi

• Members
  • 7,872 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:12 AM

Hello and welcome to BC

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. We aim to provide the valuable service known to come from BC to every member we can, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.

If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.

Upon completing the steps below a staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.

Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

Please see here for instructions
how to install HijackThis and make a logfile. Save it into convenient location and include it to your next reply, please.

Next
Please do a scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner

Note: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.

Click on the Accept button and install any components it needs.
  • The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.
  • After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My Computer
  • This will start the program and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.
  • Once the scan is complete, click on View scan report
  • Now, click on the Save Report as button.
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste that information in your next post.
Please post back with HijackThis log and Kaspersky report.

Regards
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Shaba

Shaba

Koutsi

• Members
  • 7,872 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:51 AM

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security
Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users