Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avg 8.0 Installation Trouble

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Munchkin25

Munchkin25

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:18 PM

I went to Cnet.com to download the AVG 8.0 free version. When I installed the software earlier today, I went through the process just fine until I came to the actually installation. The screen shows the AVG logo, but it doesn't show the progress bar. Then the program freezes and it shows a window that says the installation failed.

I went into my computer and uninstalled the AVG 7.5, thinking my computer's memory couldn't handle the automatic uninstall of 7.5 (it's small; 256 MB; and I have used this method before and it works most of the time when upgrading programs). I also deselected the option where you could have the toolbar installed. Both ways I tried did not help with the installation process.

Could someone please help me? Thanks!
John Munch: You still think Big Brother isn't watching us?

Munch: What if I fail and all our dreams crash and burn?
Bayliss: It's very simple then. Meldrich and I will harm you.

The heart has reasons which reason knows nothing of.

I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to no car insurance. -Stephen Colbert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tobyo

tobyo

• Members
  • 755 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:44 PM

I have AVG 8.0 free edition and I've got this persistent message that I'm missing a .bin file....I've tried to update many times but it comes back with this same message. I wonder if they're having network or server issues tonight? maybe try it again later? guess that's what I will do. I may post this in a new thread tho in case someone here knows what this means.

#3 Munchkin25

Munchkin25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:20 PM

I have AVG 8.0 free edition and I've got this persistent message that I'm missing a .bin file....I've tried to update many times but it comes back with this same message. I wonder if they're having network or server issues tonight? maybe try it again later? guess that's what I will do. I may post this in a new thread tho in case someone here knows what this means.

Could be or my computer is just a piece of junk. But normally it's good at installing this stuff.

Did you check the AVG website? They had something posted about that I think.
John Munch: You still think Big Brother isn't watching us?

Munch: What if I fail and all our dreams crash and burn?
Bayliss: It's very simple then. Meldrich and I will harm you.

The heart has reasons which reason knows nothing of.

I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to no car insurance. -Stephen Colbert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users