Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Playback On Cd-r/w Questions

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kanye

Kanye

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:14 PM

I have a few questions regarding video burning/playback on regular 700-750MB CD-R or CD-RW discs. If you only know the answer to some and not all of the questions, please provide any answers you can. I'm wanting to burn tons of videos on CDs and I need to know the following:

1. What video file formats playback on CD-R/W's on a DVD player?
2. How many minutes of video can fit on a regular CD-R/W disc?
3. Can the basic Windows burner burns videos for playback on DVD players or is a better CD burning software needed?
4. How many 75mb video files would fit onto a regular CD?

Also, if anybody knows the answer to any of those questions except for DVD-R's rather than CD-R's, that would be helpful too.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kanye

Kanye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:30 AM

Bump.

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:45 PM

4. Most CDs are rated to 700MB, so you could put a max of 9 (9x75=675).
Personally, I don't like to push it too close to the max, as you're more likely to get errors.
I don't usually go more than 650MB on a CD, so at 75MB apeice, that would be 8, max (8x75=600).
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 Kanye

Kanye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:30 PM

Thanks. Anybody know 1, 2, 3?

#5 Kanye

Kanye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:49 AM

Bump.

#6 Kanye

Kanye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:18 AM

Bump.

#7 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:13 PM

1) It depends on your DVD player. If it has the DiVx logo on it it will play darn near anything. except for the .mkv format, at least mine doesnt. stick with DiVx or Xvid encoded .avi for sure results tho.
2) that all depends. Some are compressed a whole lot better than others. It really is determined by the filesize of the avi s you are burning.
3) Dont know I use Sonic for data and video burns and IMGburn for .iso .bin etc. If you have a DiVx DVD player, burn as a data disk, you will fit a TON more on there. and instead of a 3 hour burn its literally 5 minutes.

BTW if you dont have a DIVX DVD player and are planning on doing this a lot. They are about 40 bucks at WallyWorld, suprisingly cheaper than newegg and its a phillips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users