Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Huge Internet Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ByShine

ByShine

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:53 PM

I have a huge internet problem, it's been pissing me off since yesterday. My internet connection just drops and works again constantly and repeats the process through out the day (it was working fine before yesterday though). and what's weird is that it dosn't say connection not found, it says connected but I can't use the internet. When I first boot up my computer, internet works but later 5 minutes or so, it's down again, then again later 10 or so minutes it works again.

But when it goes down, If I hit repair on my network, it works perfectly again for while until it goes down again. This is getting annoying because I have to hit repair everytime the internet goes down.
Anyone know the solution to this problem?
By the way I am not using wireless.

Edited by ByShine, 16 August 2008 - 01:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:05 PM

What do you use - dialup? dsl? cable?
What PC?
Do you use a router?
What Windows version?
Do you use a firewall that may need to be adjusted to keep the connections alive?
If router, what are the Keep Alive settings?
Who is your ISP?

#3 ByShine

ByShine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:40 AM

What do you use - dialup? dsl? cable?
What PC?
Do you use a router?
What Windows version?
Do you use a firewall that may need to be adjusted to keep the connections alive?
If router, what are the Keep Alive settings?
Who is your ISP?

For some reason it's working fine again, but thank you anyway.
I'll call my ISP to make sure connection is stable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users