Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mic Problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sun Guru

Sun Guru

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:55 PM

Hi. Since I bought a new computer I've been having difficulties with my mic. I've tried all of the solutions posted here and still no answer. The mic works fine when I plug it in the back panel and change the Audio I/O to 2 or 4 speakers. In both cases the pink port will be used for the microphone. But the problem is this. I have 6 speakers and I also have the mic and audio (pink and green) ports in the front panel. So when I choose 6 speakers to be used, the pink port in the back will be used for the central speaker and the subwoofer.

Ok, now I want to use the front panel for my audio and mic. When I enter the mic jack in the pink port I see that the GREEN port is highlighted (as in being used). When I try speaking in the mic Sound Recorder does not get any sound at all. BUT...when I enter the headphone's jack into the green port (while the mic jack is in the pink port) the microphone suddenly starts working....so I think I should be grateful for this but...then some weird stuff starts happening.

First is in the same Audio I/O tab, the front panel mic (pink) is seen as being in use while the green port is dimmed (as not being in used) while both of them are plugged in. This is not the only weird thing. The second weird thing is that every 3 minutes or so I get a pop up notification from windows that "a jack has been plugged" and 1 sec after "A jack has been unplugged". So for every 3 minutes I get interrupted while speaking because windows suddenly senses that jack has been plugged and unplugged. I thought that this was my older mic, but I bought a new one and it is the same.

Anyone has same problems? Any idea's what the problem might be?

Basic Information that maybe you need:

point VGA 8800 GT 512MB PCIe
Intel Core 2 Dou E8400 S775

If you need anymore information please let me know which and most important, tell me how I should find that information out. Remember that I am a PC niblit. Reason I love the sitename...******computer xD

btw:

I made this post as I read this thread http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/128979/front-audio-and-mic-ports-not-working/ and my problem is kinda similar but hmmm...better to make another thread. This post http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/128979/front-audio-and-mic-ports-not-working/ speaks about AZALIA. I kinda remember that before the front panel was not even working. I have one cable which seperates in two things: one with AZALIA written on it and the other with AC97 written on it. So I switched the AC97 and not the AZALIA is inserted in the pin hole (dunno what that is called :\ )

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users