Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anti-virus Advice

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JacobHall

JacobHall

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:31 AM

i advise you all download and install AVG Full Internet Protection.

It is brilliant. It will scan the file you are about to download and pop-up if it finds anything malicous ect.

AVG offer 3 products.

2 of which cost but one of them is free to use.

Please visit THIS page for free trials. (All Trials 30 Days)

Download to see if you like. Very easy to use =]

And THIS page For AVG Free Version (Download.Com Server)

:thumbsup:

ENJOY! and thankyou for reading!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,993 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:03 PM

Please bear in mind that a security program that works well on one person's computer may not work well on another person's computer. Each computer is configured differently and has a different range of software programs on it. The amount of memory a computer has, the kinds of programs, what the user likes, the user's experience, and the user's needs all have a bearing on what to use for protection.

A case in point. Many people find Windows Defender an excellent antispyware program. However, in my case, the program causes several problems. Sometimes the program shuts down. In other instances, it causes my computer to shut down, so for me that is not a good security program to have on my computer.

There are many free security programs listed here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:08 PM

I might point out that not all of the AVG modules, even in the free version, are currently compatible with the current version of Firefox, and getting AVG to scan Thunderbird E-mails is not a simple process. As Orange Blossom has said, not all anti-malware applications always fit a user's particular configuration or needs.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users